UPDATE: I am not crazy for noticing this and the fact that it is a problem. This has gotten so out of hand that a researcher is proposing the term Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome to describe this phenomenon! Other Black people are also endorsing the existence of a Willie Lynch syndrome (based on a fake letter!) to explain fighting among Black people! So there you go, Black people are pathologizing themselves and implying that they are suffering from slavery/racism induced illnesses that only affect African Americans. So please go harass those people instead of me because I am against labeling African Americans with these disorders.
|Are you limiting yourself with self-imposed handicaps?|
- Sensitivity to racism as evidenced by frequent accusations
- Sensitivity to lack of diversity evidenced by constant complaints about it
- Handicapped by feeling less attractive and desirable than other races of women
- Handicapped by only being able to do "Black things" and "keeping it real"
- Difficulty accepting or asking for help because of special independence needs
- Difficulty getting along with non-Black people
- Inability to wear natural hair
- Inability to tolerate hair touching or commentary by non-Black people
- Inability to find a man
- Inability to see non-Black people as attractive, role models, dating partners, or friends
- Predisposition to be overweight because of slavery/poor neighborhoods/genetics/preference
- Predisposition to have a bad attitude caused by constant current/historical mistreatment
- Predisposition to speak poorly due to poverty/keeping it real/hip hop culture
- Inability to exercise due to hair handicap or because "it's for White people"
- Inability to wear feminine clothing because of street harassment/hip hop culture
- Inability to act feminine due to slavery/racism/single moms