You may have heard that men prefer the natural look on women so some of you may choose to go without makeup. But these same men also want women who are beautiful! It is an unfair standard to set for us because most women don't wake up looking fabulous. I think a happy medium would be wearing some makeup that isn't too heavy, doesn't rub off on everything, and looks very natural. You will notice in the photos that the makeup looks very natural (the ones in Google Images). That's why the before photos are so shocking! They are not wearing wild, rainbow colours on their faces or in their hair. These women don't look like they are wearing much more than eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick or gloss but most men won't think they are wearing anything (except for the contacts). They don't even look like they are wearing eye shadow.
This is how I see the current situation (you might disagree with my logic of course). Some men rate the average Asian or White woman as more attractive than the average Black woman. This is because ordinary looking Asian and White women wear makeup that makes them look beautiful but natural. They are cheating! They attract more men and have long-term relationships with them. By the time the men realize the women don't naturally look so great they are already in love and don't care. Now if you are a Black woman and you are not wearing natural looking makeup to attract men, unless you are one of those lucky women who looks amazing straight out of bed, these women will always look more attractive than you! So, if you want to compete you will just have to cheat too and learn how to apply natural looking makeup.
Okay, I hear some of you saying you don't want to cheat, this is dishonest, men should like you just the way you are, you don't like makeup etc. Well, the choice is yours. Are you willing to risk being passed over for these other women because men are tricked into thinking they are more attractive than you (when in reality they are not)? Successful men are very desirable so they can seek out more physically attractive women. What if not looking your best means that the most successful men won't pick you? We have to face the reality that men are attracted to beautiful women so if you want to attract a man you need to look as beautiful (but natural) as you can. We are in competition for the best quality men! After you get his attention you keep him interested because of your pleasant character and personal qualities. A pretty face with no brains, manners, interests, or good character is not enough. The pretty face is just a pleasant invitation for him to get to know you better and the prettiest invitation usually wins :)
These are some things that stood out for me in the photos:
- These women are wearing very natural looking makeup without any bright or unnatural colours. They aren't wearing rainbow coloured eyeshadow. Enhance your natural beauty.
- Hair is so important! It seems like bangs are the cure for a large forehead or oddly shaped face lol. Bangs also add to the cuteness factor. Unfortunately, bangs rarely look good with natural hair unless it's pinned flat to one side (I might give that a try).
- Did you notice that a lot of the women were wearing wigs? Black women aren't the only one's who do it and the wigs looked more shiny and voluminous than their natural hair. Some of the hair was coloured but they were not unnatural rainbow colours.
- Make the time to take care of your hair and style it to look the best it can. The women in the photos probably had to do things to make their natural hair look good (e.g., flat ironing, shine serums etc.). Their hair tended to be long too. Do what you can to grow out your natural hair and make it look as beautiful as you can. Many men like our natural hair so don't think you have to go straight in order to be pretty.
- The women were dressed in a feminine manner, even in the before photos! Nice clothes will complete your look.
- Take photos of yourself looking cute and sweet never hard. Practice posing in flattering ways. There are articles online about how to do this.