- On the red carpet she is always dressed in something pretty or elegant, never anything too revealing or sleazy. She always appears to carry herself with dignity and grace.
- Thandie has training as a dancer...maybe that is why she looks so graceful and feminine.
- She is smart too and has a degree in anthropology from Cambridge University!
- Thandie has recently gone natural with her hair and it looks great!
- She tends to get roles in big movies and I think it's because of her mainstream appeal. She does not fit the negative stereotypes about Black women.
- She often gets paired with White men in her roles (e.g., Tom Cruise, Gerrard Butler, Simon Pegg, Cillian Murphy, Jon Bon Jovi and others). Is it because the film makers think she's the type of woman who White men would be attracted to? She is actually married to a White man. Or is she just able to get the roles written for White women? Either way, she gets great roles that many in Hollywood would die for!
- I have never heard any negative gossip about her (e.g., fighting over a man, cheating, drugs etc.). If there are any scandals surrounding her then she is able to keep them quiet.
- Unfortunately, Thandie has admitted to having an eating disorder and appears very thin sometimes. This is never something I would advocate for anyone and I hope that she has overcome the problem.
- Thandie is married and has two children.
- She is actually the daughter of an African princess...royalty!!!
Tribute video (too skinny in these photos, play on mute)
Thandie Newton: Embracing Otherness, Embracing Myself (definitely smart, interesting!)
Thandie Newton Makeup tutorial (nice natural look)
Google images of Thandie Newton