Saturday, September 22, 2012

Why are you bothering me about my preferences?

Okay, I am one individual person. I have certain preferences and I have reasons why I think those preferences are great. I have certain goals and reasons why I think those goals are great. I have made certain choices and I have reasons why I think those choices are great. I observe others and I have reasons why I think their preferences, goals, and choices are bad. I can list numerous reasons why I do not value their preferences, goals, and choices. Don't sit there and act like you don't do the same thing!

Sometimes I just like something or dislike something automatically without even thinking, but I am the type to think about my reasons and write about them. I may actually be wrong about my reasons and there may be some unconscious reason for my preferences, goals, and choices. For instance, I may have been socialized to have them and I may be turning into my parents. I may be rewarded for my preferences, goals, and choices so I keep doing the same thing. Whatever the reason is, I don't really care or need your explanation.

One thing I would like commenters on this blog to realize is that although I have my strong preferences, goals, and values I am presenting them here on my personal journal/blog. I do not seek out hip hop blogs and tell them how bad they are and that they should not like their music. I do not seek out high fashion blogs and tell them vintage is better so they should stop posting high fashion photos. I do not seek out those blogs and question why they like what they like. I don't ask them to explain their preferences. I like it when women smile but I do not seek out women online and post comments on their sites asking them to smile. I do not seek out women's blogs where they are wearing masculine clothes to tell them to stop, they look bad, or question their wardrobe. If you seek out blogs just to disagree with them about their personal preferences then you are being a TROLL! I will no longer feed TROLLS!

I do not seek out blogs, websites, and women who CLEARLY have different preferences and values from my own and start questioning them, implying they are stupid, racist, sexist, classist, elitist, brainwashed etc. because of their opinions and preferences. I let them be because I respect their right to think as they wish. But some commenters are doing it to me and I'm asking, no telling you to KNOCK IT OFF! I do not value or enjoy having debates about my personal preferences. I do not enjoy being questioned about them. If you have the same preferences and you want to discuss that fine but I will not be justifying my views. Have different opinions and preferences if you want but don't come here and bother me about mine. Write your own blog or go to blogs that have similar opinions and preferences. If you are a feminist then go to a feminist blog, if you like hip hop go to a hip hop blog, if you like modern fashion go to a modern fashion blog, if you like African fashion then go to an African fashion blog (yes that was for you troll!), if you hate other cultures and races go to a blog about hating other cultures and races.

Some one may come here and post "Well you put your views out here and you enabled comments, so you should have expected some comments would be negative". I do expect some negative comments of disagreement but I now have ZERO TOLERANCE for arguing about my preferences or disrespect. This is a personal journal/blog not "a community" or "safe place to say whatever we want" but there are other sites made for that sort of thing. I am the dictator in this space and I delete comments I don't like so I don't have to look at their ugliness. We can agree to disagree and move on. Your trying to convince me my fashion or behaviour preferences are wrong because of AB and C is a waste of your time and mine and I can not understand why you seem to enjoy it so much. Why not enjoy a blog about things you agree with and like? Why are you such an argumentative person? Others may try to act like discussions are healthy and imply that I have some obligation to discuss things...well I don't. I don't have to answer a question just because someone asks. I don't have to talk with someone just because they want to talk to me. I don't have to post a comment if it irritates me. If you like this blog great, if you don't that's fine too. This blog is one woman's opinion about what she thinks is great and telling other women why she wishes other women were more like her and those she admires. I am not your doctor, therapist, boss, leader, or God so what I say is not law, you don't have to agree, and you absolutely do not have to do anything I advocate. If reading this blog makes you feel pressured to do something you don't want to do the PLEASE STOP READING THIS BLOG.
Gina sends you a farewell kiss. Now hit the road.

A lady stands up for herself and does not allow herself to be disrespected. She does not engage in useless arguments. If she finds that a discussion is causing her to lose her composure then she should be assertive and end that discussion. That is what I am trying to do. So when I state "I am done with this conversation" respect that and move on instead of trying to instigate an argument. There is no reason for it and I'm sure you have better things to do. Any comments of the sort mentioned in this post may be answered with a link to this post and the deletion of further antagonizing comments (I enjoy deleting them too because you spent so long typing them...yes this kitten has claws). I think that this will create a more pleasant environment for everyone involved and at least it will stop me from wasting my time. Comments on this post are closed.